Director of Sales
Want to define the next generation of ML to transform how brands can grow through ecommerce? Gradient is building a revolutionizing ML platform that accelerates sales and improves profitability of brands ecommerce channels.
Gradient is creating machine-learning technology to help brands maximize their digital shelf presence and sales. Point-of-purchase marketing represents a multi-hundred-billion dollar industry that is just moving into digital. Gradient is positioned to help Brands thrive in ecommerce by having access to tools and insights that drive better purchase outcomes for their products.
The e-Commerce Director of Sales will play a key role to help shape the business model and go-to-market of the company. Ideally, this leader has experience in establishment and growth of SaaS models. You will be responsible for driving deals as well as servicing those deals. This leader will be managing the account management team.
The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, understands and is ready to face the challenges of working in a start-up world, no task is beyond anyone.You begin as an individual contributor with the goal to eventually lead and grow a team of young top performers and make sure they deliver top results. Ability to stay abreast of market conditions, listen carefully to client needs and propose relevant solutions is essential. Candidates must also excel at working cross-functionally to contribute to strategic planning and process improvement initiatives. This role reports directly to the CEO/founder.
- Develop and execute strategies to grow and secure new clients to extend Gradient’s platform technology in the ecommerce market place
- Acquire new clients via cold calls, networking, and events attendance
- Willingness to travel nationally
- Exceed revenue expectations each quarter
- Work closely with CEO/founder and CTO and to continuously optimize efforts related to company-wide goals
- Engage in the day-to-day communications with both clients and the internal teams
- Look for opportunities to help grow the business through product innovation and customer needs
- Use problem-solving and analytical skills to determine how to maintain client satisfaction and deliver results
- Work with product team and demand team to monitor the performance of clients
- Represent the needs of top clients within the organization, and escalate issues and requests as needed
- Analyze client metrics to identify trends and issues, and develop recommendations to help optimize social sharing and revenue generation results
- Evangelize Gradient in the marketplace, and the overall importance of ecommerce marketing as a key component to drive sales and profitability
- YOU MUST have experince selling E-Commerce
- BA/BS or equivalent required, MBA or relevant experience preferred
- 5-8+ years of experience in ecommerce with a track record of achieving results
- Extremely organized and capable of handling multiple ad hoc requests simultaneously
- Management experience preferred
- Deep understanding of ecommerce and Online ad technology marketing ecosystems
- Experience negotiating terms and managing contractual process
- Experience promoting and leveraging a technology platform as a primary means of marketing integration for large and scalable clients on both a strategic and tactical level.
- High level of motivation in reaching aggressive targets while also ensuring that the needs of clients are always kept as the top priority
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience pitching both in person and over the phone
- Strong passion for ecommerce marketing and frictionless enhancement to client user experience of technology
- Competitive Base Salary
- Equity Stake
- Competitive benefits